Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on-site interface at customer facility responsible for all engineering deliverables
- Represent G&G at all customer technical and design review program meetings
- Routing, packaging and design of automotive wire harness (power cables) and components in collaboration with customer and OEM defined requirements
- Lead customer interface for program change control
- Lead customer interface for technical issues
- Support customer as defined in statement of work
- Initiate customer plant product trials documenting results and obtaining required customer approvals
- Interface with customer cross functional teams as well as internal cross functional teams to achieve all program milestones both customer and internal development timeline
- Ensure design meets customer and internal specifications
- Collaborate with DVP&R (Design Verification Process and Report) internal team to validate product according to customer requirements. Assist internal team in understanding customer requirements and be the lead interface to customer.
- Maintain program specific product DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) in collaboration from appropriate teams globally
- Maintain program specific open issues list and ensure timely closure of all issues
- Lead and maintain project timeline and coordinate activities with teams globally to achieve project milestones
- Evaluate all customer information for accuracy and be able to effectively communicate to internal cross functional teams
- Collaborate with various department team members globally to ensure compliance to core company processes and methods
- Evaluate customer information/requirements and review for technical compliance
- Interface with company management and escalate issues as appropriate
- Lead assigned project by serving as technical and program deliverable responsible for product design and development from prototype phase to production. Interface directly with customer engineering teams.
- Mentor less experienced engineers as required
- Travel to customer and G&G facilities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and/or Engineering Technology degree in combination with relevant experience (BSEE/BSME/BSEET)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have 10+ years of experience in automotive Tier I supplier environment with design release background. FCA experience preferred.
- Must be patient and diplomatic with positive and optimistic attitude and keep a professional demeanor with customer at all times
- Must be self-directed and motivated to complete tasks and resolve issues with minimal direction from management.
- Good communication and time management skills are required
- Must be able to interface with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams globally
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have good verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and close actions items to meet internal and external deadlines
- Must have good working knowledge in MS Office: Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Outlook
- Pay commensurate with experience, vacation, holidays, etc.
- Participation in benefit plans (matching 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, disability).
Please send your application to Mr. Senad Melkic: email@example.com
Employer will only consider candidates with no sponsorship required.Apply Now