Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead assigned project by serving as technical and program deliverable responsible for product design and development from prototype phase to production. Interface directly with customer engineering team.
- Interface with company management and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Routing, packaging and design of automotive power cables for US OEM’s in collaboration with local CAD Designer.
- Evaluate customer information/requirements and review for technical compliance.
- Create and document RFQ drawings and support creating technical presentations.
- Release 2D product drawings in customer system in accordance with standards/requirements.
- Lead processing of customer engineering changes.
- Collaborate with various department team members globally to ensure compliance to core company processes and methods.
- Lead and maintain project timeline and coordinate activities with teams globally to achieve project milestones.
- Create technical design proposals based on theoretical analysis, studies and/or testing.
- Collaborate with DVP&R (Design Verification Process and Report) team in Europe to validate product according to customer requirements. Assist European team in understanding requirements and be the lead interface to customer.
- Maintain program specific product DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) in collaboration from appropriate teams globally.
- Lead quoting process with purchasing related to assigned project.
- Lead procurement of parts with purchasing to support US OEM project builds.
- Coordinate and lead production of samples from Europe/Mexico.
- Coordinate any project related testing with Europe.
- Maintain program specific open issues list and ensure timely closure of all issues.
- Support vehicle builds and launches at customer prototype, pilot or production assembly plants as well as GG plants as required. Document trials and maintain customer sign-off.
- Travel to customer and GG facilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and/or Engineering Technology degree in combination with relevant experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have 3+ years of experience in automotive Tier I supplier environment with design release background.
- Must be self-directed and motivated to complete tasks and resolve issues with minimal direction from management
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to interface with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams globally.
- Must be patient and diplomatic with positive and optimistic attitude.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have good verbal, written and presentation communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and close actions items to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Must have good working knowledge in MS Office: Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Outlook.
- Pay commensurate with experience plus bonus, vacation, holidays, etc.
- Participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, life, disability).
Please send your application to Mr. Senad Melkic: email@example.com
Employer will only consider candidates with no sponsorship required.Apply now